What We OfferOn the course selection page you will see the curriculum covers the essential learning areas, of the National Curriculum.
The programme from Years 7 -10 is designed to provide a balanced general education and a variety of subject experiences needed to make wise subject choices in the senior school. To help their transition from primary to secondary school, Year 7 students are in a home room setting with one teacher for several key subjects; this is continued into Year 8 in a modified form.
The curriculum in the senior school, Years 11 – 13, is designed to lead students towards National Qualifications at each level. Our students receive excellent preparation for University and Polytechnic courses, and are able to develop courses of study suited to their individual needs and ambitions through:
- traditional classroom learning environments plus new technologies
- distance learning opportunities*
- multi-level courses in the senior school
- accelerated learning (eg, Year 10 students in Year 11 courses)
- alternative courses in English and mathematics at Year 11 and 12
- Skills Pathways and Open Polytechnic courses
It is our aim that all students leave with useful and nationally recognised qualifications, and that students are placed in courses where they can succeed.
*Including Otago Net (video conferencing) and correspondence school courses.