What is Tokomairiro Training?
Tokomairiro Training is under the accreditation of Tokomairiro High School and is governed by the school’s Board of Trustees.
NZQA Unit Standards are offered to learners working towards NCEA Levels 1 and 2. A further option is available for students to gain a Forestry Qualification which includes up to 40 credits at Level 3.
There are three programme pathways available:
- Forestry Pathways Course for senior students still enrolled in school
- Youth Guarantee Course for school leavers aged 16 – 19
- An alternative education programme for those under 16 years who have disengaged at school
Tokomairiro Training is situated in the hub of the Forestry Industry in the Otago region. A large portion of our practical and industry-based training is focused on the Forestry and Farming industries, with unit standards offered in Core Generic, Pre-employment and Workplace Health and Safety. These skills are transferrable and a necessity for any form of outdoors employment.
Benefits of Tokomairiko Training
As well as delivering standards on-site, we offer practical components and will support students into work experience while assisting with applications for suitable employment.
This well-established programme attracts students from around the wider South Otago region along with Waihola, Mosgiel and Dunedin. Free daily transport is provided to and from the course.
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 1
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 2
- National Certificate in Forest Foundation Skills Level 2 (40 Credits at Level 3)
For all enquiries:
Phone: 03 417 7299
Lynda: 027 201 8580
Address: 51 Ajax Street, Milton 9220
Freephone: 0800 223 328